Dental Implants in Denver, CO
Dental Implant Solutions at Cody Dental Group
Conveniently located near University Park, Cody Dental Group offers dental implant services to help our Denver, CO patients feel confident flashing their smiles to the world. As we age, our mouths endure their fair share of wear and tear, leading to problems resulting in the necessary removal of teeth. We find many of our patients express feelings of embarrassment or shame when discussing their missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures. While we fully understand losing a tooth can be a traumatic experience regardless of how it happens, it is crucial to fill the missing space so you can avoid potential oral issues from taking place in the future. In the past, dentures or bridges were the leading treatment solutions, but these measures can take some getting used to. The good news is there have been many advances in dental treatments in recent years, and one of the most important ones has been dental implants. Please keep reading to learn more or give us a call to schedule an appointment.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a time-tested, superior alternative to traditional dentures and bridges. In recent years, dental implants have gained popularity because they look, feel, and function like natural teeth. Better yet, they can be used to replace multiple teeth and provide a stable base for those patients who opt for bridges or dentures. The dental implant procedure is a bit time-consuming, as it involves inserting a titanium screw into the dental cavity, to which a porcelain crown is then fixed. Over a period of time, the screw will bond with the patients existing bone, making a much more stable and aesthetically pleasing replacement for the gap or compromised tooth. You’ll love the fact that this durable prosthetic can be cared for just as you would your natural smile, and they last much longer than dentures and other tooth replacement options.
The Different Types of Dental Implants
Depending on your dental needs and personal preferences, there are three different dental implants-types from which to choose. Our dental team will access the overall health of your remaining teeth, gums, and bones to determine which of the following would be best for you and your unique situation:
Single Tooth Implant
If you’re only missing one tooth, we will recommend a single tooth implant to fill the gap and safeguard your oral health. This dental implant-type requires one post, which will be placed within your jawbone and take around three to six months for it to fuse with your bone. Once your implant has time to heal, we will go in and place a custom tooth to seamlessly fit with the rest of your smile.
When you have multiple missing teeth in a row, we’ll recommend fixing the gap with an implant-supported bridge. A bridge typically consists of two crowns on either side of a missing tooth, with an artificial tooth held in place between them. The good thing about this dental implant solution is you can securely replace multiple teeth at once rather than replacing each tooth separately.
If you’re missing multiple teeth in your upper or lower arch, you can permanently fix the issue with implant-retained dentures. Our dental specialists will carefully place four dental implants along the arch. Once healed, we will fasten a custom set of dentures to your implants to completely revitalize your smile.
The Dental Implant Procedure
If you’re missing one or more teeth and think dental implants could be right for you, Cody Dental Group is here to help. We will work with you every step of the way to determine if you are a proper candidate for dental implants and which out of the three would be best to enhance your smile aesthetics. As we stated before, the dental implant process can be a lengthy one, and we want to give you some insight on the procedure so you can make an informed decision when thinking about investing in your oral health with dental implants. Depending on your unique situation, the process may vary, but can typically be completed in three steps:
- Once you receive status as a proper candidate for dental implants, you will undergo a relatively quick dental procedure at our Denver, CO office. During this procedure, we will go in and surgically place the screws into your jaw that make up the base of the dental implant. After placement, it will take around three to six months for the site to form with your jawbone and heal completely.
- After you’ve had the proper time to heal, the next step will be for our team to place the dental implant. This is a much shorter process than screw placement, as placing an abutment for the crown to eventually attach to is far less taxing. Patients typically need a few weeks to heal after this step and are then ready for crown placement.
- The final step of dental implant placement is attaching the custom crown. This piece ties everything together, as it is made to mimic your existing tooth color, size, and shape. Once the crown is attached, you’ll feel confident showing off your new smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
When compared to other tooth-replacement options, dental implants are typically the best option. While dentures may work best for some patients, they do little to safeguard the mouth from gradual bone degeneration. Dental implant posts work to stimulate the natural replacement cycle of the bone, preventing bone atrophy, which can lead to oral health issues and a sunken-in appearance in the face. Some additional advantages to investing in dental implants include the following:
- Better for the overall health of the jaw
- They do not need to be removed
- Reduced dental work required for the fitting
- Offers more stability than alternative options
- With proper care, it can be a longer-term solution
- Eat, smile, and talk with complete comfort
- Can be cared for just like you would your natural teeth
- They provide a natural feel and look
Contact Us Today to Get Started with Dental Implants in Denver, CO
Here at Cody Dental Service, we have years of experience with dental implant surgery, and we will advise you on the best course of action for you and your unique smile. Call us today to book an appointment with one of our experienced periodontists. We look forward to revitalizing your smile.